Important Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Location: Thiès, Senegal
Report to: R&D Director
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
Agriculture / Research & Development Manager is a key management position to support the launch and growth of myAgro's rapid expansion. This includes directly managing 2-3 Program Associates in the innovation team. You will ensure that we are delivering the highest quality of inputs and services possible to our farmers. With our plans to increase our impact with farmers, this is a crucial role to the team.
- Manage large-scale programs and care about the details without getting overwhelmed. You'll implement quality controls to ensure quality of program execution. Potential projects may include poultry, ag-forestry, or agriculture training programs.
- Collaborate with different teams. You'll coordinate across departments and get agreement on work plans and calendars.
- Focus on the end-users. You will design trainings, products, and trials starting from the end-users: both farmers and field staff.
- Be a project and people manager. From project management to delegation and coaching, you have the tools in your tool-belt to oversee this role and the projects that come with it. You'll make your team and those around you better.
- At least 5 years of prior management experience – preferably including background in scaling and expanding programs in rural areas.
- Held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
- You have designed and developed programs in rural areas of Africa.
- Worked in West Africa.
- Fluency in French and English
- While you will be part of the Agriculture team you don't need to be an agronomist. We have experts on the team and within our network that you will work with. The magic ingredient of this role is that you're user-focused, an excellent project manager, and curious.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!