About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Procurement Manager must have the ability to procure seeds and fertilizers, despite supply chain challenges and at the right price is pivotal to myAgro's ability to serve its customers at affordable prices. Assuring them of high quality inputs to increase their yields.
You will have the functional responsibility for procurement and sourcing processes, activities and performance across West Africa. In addition to setting and driving the strategic direction of procurement, you will be a business partner to colleagues at the country office, providing hands-on procurement support such as running RFPs and direct negotiations with strategic suppliers.
Manage the Procurement Function
- Implement the procurement plan, and achieving the KPIs
- Adhere to procurement policies, procedures, tools
- Collaborating with Country Directors on package price setting (including providing the input costs hypothesis)
Seed and Fertilizer - Global procurement
- Keep an updated view on market situation and outlook and execute seed and fertilizer procurement (tender, negotiation etc)
- Maintain ongoing relationships with market players at national and regional level (traders, seed cos, producers, blenders, other important users of fertilizer such as cotton companies, financial institutions involved in the trade)
- Execute procurement processes efficiently and quickly to acquire seeds and fertilizers at the best possible price
- Work with the finance team on working capital management and the logistics team on receipt and storage
- Keep and updated view on myAgro overall position in terms of prices and volumes (in respect with prices in the market, or volumes to be delivered)
- Build detailed insights on potential new seeds supply options (in collaboration with the Agriculture Team)
- Execute disposal of surplus fertilizer stocks
- Contribute to the definition of requirements and specs (together with supply chain and logistics)
- Execute procurement transactions with local providers
- Execute procurement transaction with regional & national providers
- You have 5+ years experience in seed/ fertilizer procurement or in procurement of items >$8M per annum in West Africa
- You can clearly demonstrable familiarity with processes and legalities around importation, tendering and negotiation in West Africa
- You have robust project and change management experience e.g. in procurement system rollouts
- You are analytical with strong complex problem solving skills matched by deep people management experience
- You are resilient – tenacious, driven with the ability to operate in a sophisticated environment leading multiple projects and partners.
- You must be fluent in English; French is a distinct advantage
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.