About the Role:
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, Programs, the Program Manager, Sales role will be a leader of our work in the South of Senegal, be a leader of the myAgro sales team, and strategize to deliver sustainable long-term territory goals.
- Design and implement sales strategies to deliver an organized business management and experience.
- Monitor performance and adjust strategies to achieve sales, profitability, and overall business contribution targets.
- Hire and train of the sales team.
- Ensure sales goals are met, comparing performance to goals, and adjusting goals.
- In collaboration with the Sales Ops team and the Country leadership team, assess current team processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop individual quotas and assign territories for team members.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts.
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to regional coordinators (RC) and field coordinators (FC).
- Nurture important contacts in the South agribusiness and build relationships with major influencers of the myAgro core-business model.
- Provide scientific, technical, and specialized sales expertise working with smallholder farmers.
- Negotiate with partners regarding local authorities, smallholder farmers, and internal senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree (MS preferred) in Agriculture, Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in Sales Territory Management, Agronomy, or Agribusiness
- Marketing background a huge asset
- Business and finance knowledge
- Experience leading diverse teams
- Understanding of market dynamics in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with partners and working with smallholder farmers, village entrepreneurs and in rural settings
- Ability to manage teams with cross-functional members
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!