About the Role:
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, Programs, the Program Manager, Sales role will be a leader of our work in the South of Senegal, be a leader of the myAgro sales team, and strategize to deliver sustainable long-term territory goals.
- Design and implement sales strategies to deliver an organized business management and experience.
- Monitor performance and adjust strategies to achieve sales, profitability, and overall business contribution targets.
- Hire and train of the sales team.
- Ensure sales goals are met, comparing performance to goals, and adjusting goals.
- In collaboration with the Sales Ops team and the Country leadership team, assess current team processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop individual quotas and assign territories for team members.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts.
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to regional coordinators (RC) and field coordinators (FC).
- Nurture important contacts in the South agribusiness and build relationships with major influencers of the myAgro core-business model.
- Provide scientific, technical, and specialized sales expertise working with smallholder farmers.
- Negotiate with partners regarding local authorities, smallholder farmers, and internal senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree (MS preferred) in Agriculture, Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in Sales Territory Management, Agronomy, or Agribusiness
- Marketing background a huge asset
- Business and finance knowledge
- Experience leading diverse teams
- Understanding of market dynamics in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with partners and working with smallholder farmers, village entrepreneurs and in rural settings
- Ability to manage teams with cross-functional members
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.