We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
Our team has doubled over the past 6 months and we will continue to grow rapidly this year. We are looking for an experienced and ambitious recruiter who is excellent at sourcing, evaluating and attracting strong talents. You will coordinate logistics and conduct interview screens quickly and methodically, with a high attention to detail.
You will also build strong relationships with team leads and become a trusted thought partner to them in solving how to scale their teams to achieve our mission in Cote D'Ivoire
- Source diverse world-class candidates who are both technically excellent and exceptional culture fits
- Build and carry out semi-structured interviews with candidates as part of the screening and final interview process
- Deeply understand and be an ambassador for our culture, values, and habits
- Articulate the story and principles of Wave by interviewing employees
- Make sure recruits see and experience the culture during the hiring process
- Partner with Wave’s team leads to design and build the teams they need to scale
- Learn how each team functions and their mission to strategize opportunities for hiring and leverage existing resources
- Design hiring strategies and processes to attract and retain a high-quality diverse team
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula
- Subsidised health insurance for you and your dependents (varies from country-to-country)
- Fully paid parental leave
- Generous benefits
- Fluent English and French required
- 3+ years of recruitment experience
- Demonstrate 3+ years of ownership of the full recruitment cycle (sourcing, interviewing, hiring)
- Work authorization in Cote D'Ivoire required
- Experience using an ATS preferably greenhouse
- Experience using modern tech tools like google calendar, slack, zoom
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing on objectives
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over communication
- Are incredibly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are tech savvy and enjoy automating processes
- We're a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.