If you are committed to managing and motivating a strong, technical sales team and to driving revenue results for a fast-growing SaaS company, then Electrum’s sales operations management role will be perfect for you. This is an opportunity for a results-driven Sales Operations Manager to lead our sales department and grow our business. You will be required to create and implement winning strategies that grow our company revenue while maintaining and motivating our tight-knit and dedicated sales team.
Electrum is an exciting business to business software company that is growing at an exponential rate. We build cloud-based transaction processing software for digital goods and services, money transfer, payments and the back-office tools to reconcile the transactions. We deliver these solutions through a SaaS model. Our customers include South Africa's biggest household names in banking, retailing and telecommunications. We are looking for you to help us extend our reach. We hire extremely smart people and offer great opportunities for personal growth and career progression. You will be joining a dynamic, highly skilled and delivery focused team. Our work environment is relaxed yet results-driven. Added benefits include 20 leave days, new MacBook Pro, bursary programmes, participation in bonus schemes, cool invested colleagues, a trendy office space, free healthy cooked lunch, regular social events and flexible working hours.
Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by managing the sales team with discipline and empathy
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands Electrums customer base and ensures its strong presence
- Managing recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
Specific tasks may include:
- Determining annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing market strategies; and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishing sales objectives annually for a five year cycle, by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implementing sales programmes by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Providing relevant, data-driven, insightful reporting that can drive strategy and performance.
- Design, implement and refine processes required to optimize sales and performance.
- Designing and completing sales operational requirements.
- Maintaining sales team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and mentoring employees.
- Maintaining sales team results by counseling and incentivizing, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Collaborating and partnering with cross-functional departments to determine strategies to grow Electrum and improve operational efficiencies.
What you’ll do
- Build and grow a world-class sales team
- Provide data and insight-driven reports and strategies
- Grow Electrum's global reach and increase ARR
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a similar field
- MBA advantageous
- 3+ years of experience as sales manager
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Proven track record of positive sales performance
- Strong communication skills
- Creating and implementing a sales plan
- Meeting sales goals by monitoring progress
- Analyzing sales data
- Presentation skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Developing budgets
- Mentoring and coaching sales reps
- Team beach getaways
- World class payments training
- Macbook Pro
- Highly competitive games of table tennis
- Showers and Towel Service
- Generous leave policy
- Tons of career growth opportunities
- Family style cooked lunches
- Great coffee
- Friday beer on tap
- Company gym