Lulalend is a FinTech company with a belief in the power of small business. We work hard to empower businesses across South Africa with the funds they need to grow. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and they deserve an easy and inspiring lending process.
Lulalend was founded because there is an underserved market for access to funding that the banks and other lenders overlook. We innovate in order to significantly reduce this credit gap - directly assisting our economy and job creation on a grand scale. So, by joining our team you’re helping businesses stay open, grow and offer more job opportunities. Yay you!
Lulalend is a one of a kind business – literally. There is no-one in South Africa doing what we’re doing yet, because we’re awesome!
At Lulalend we:
- Are passionate about helping SMEs succeed
- Believe in responsible lending
- Strive to offer an unbeatable customer experience
- Value humility and teachability
- Embrace technology
- Communicate openly
- Work hard and play hard
Lulalend is South Africa’s first and only online and automated business-lending platform aimed at providing small and medium businesses with quick access to funding to help them grow! We use data, technology and design to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks.
With an established, but growing Marketing team in place, we’re looking for a dynamic Marketer who loves all things brand. You’re the type of person who lives and breathes campaigns, storytelling and customers. You understand the importance of having a brand voice and you know all about the value of campaign marketing.
Reporting into our Chief Marketing Officer, this is a newly created role focused on the end-to-end management of our campaigns and driving our brand awareness.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Development and execute against a marketing calendar to achieve our business objectives
- Conceptualise, execute and manage marketing campaigns for the Lula brand (across both on and offline channels) to drive customer acquisition and retention, as well as support new product launches
- Ensure our campaign marketing is optimised for growth, that budget is maximised and we are yielding results. This will include measuring the results of your work, and feeding the learnings into future activity
- Partner with and lead agencies to execute campaigns
- Work closely with our content and design specialists to produce high quality campaign content and creatively determine how this is delivered
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers, identifying customer/market trends and ensure we are communicating the right messages, to the right people, at the right time
- Strategise around how to best market new product launches and create innovative marketing strategies to promote our brand
- Take responsibility for overall brand content, ensuring brand consistency across all marketing activities
- Support the CMO in the future development of our brand strategy and proposition
- Become our brand advocate - you’ll be the voice and face behind our Lula brand and help us to refine and communicate our mission and vision
THE COMPETENCIES WE’RE AFTER
- Creative, innovative and full of fab ideas
- Able to see the big picture and think long term
- Adaptable team player
- Multitasking self-starting ninja
- Customer obsessed
- Positive and alive with possibility
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills
- Passionate about brand building
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing (or equivalent)
- 8+ years experience working within marketing, with a minimum of 4 years experience focused on campaign marketing and brand management
- Experience conceptualising and developing compelling campaign messages and/or content
- Experience in leading new product launch campaigns, including developing go to market strategies
- Demonstrable success executing campaign rollouts, ensuring branded content is delivered to the right audience and targets are met
- Experience working with and managing agencies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong eye for compelling content
- Experience using Salesforce would be advantageous
- Experience working within a fast-paced financial services industry would be ideal, extra points for fintech experience