Kofa is building a mobile and portable battery network to provide reliable energy access for our customers. The initial use case for these batteries is to power electric motorcycles, and ultimately any relevant use case. To achieve this, we are building a network of charging stations where customer can swap their depleted batteries for fully charged ones. We are starting in Ghana, but then looking to scale across Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to lead the design and build of an entire system covering Enterprise Resource Planning through to monitoring and control of the assets connected into the Kofa platform. This starts with the first customer touch point through to ordering product and delivering this product to our customers. Once a device such as a battery is connected into our system, its needs to run autonomously, responding to control commands, whilst providing full visibility on a range of data points, giving customers useful insights and analysis. Some parts of this system will rely on 3rd Party software and some parts will need to be built in house, with the ultimate objective of creating a brilliant and seamless customer experience. This would also include sending over-the-air software updates across the variety of connected devices to deliver new features and improvements.
This will require a diverse software stack across a variety of systems and applications such as integration to 3rd Party systems, embedded systems, cloud services, web apps and IOT protocols. We are looking for highly motivated people to help build these systems and join us on our journey to change the way people access energy, with a customer first approach.
- Work with experienced and junior engineers to deliver business value across both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and contribute to overall system architecture.
- Collaborate with product managers and others in the business to delivery clear designs and specifications
- Develop APIs to support the overall system
- Develop modern applications for installation, configuration, and diagnosis
- Provide technical leadership and innovation to improve developer productivity, product reliability, and overall system resiliency.
- Develop scalable solutions across a range of open stack framework
- Lead the timely completion of development tasks and small projects while adhering to high quality standards
- Focus on increase efficiency, whilst improving customer experience at all times
- A university degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience covering a range of areas from in web application development, IOT to backend systems.
- Experience developing highly available mission-critical applications and systems
- Experience writing unit tests and practicing test-driven development
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Proven experience leading Agile Development
First hand experience across as many of the following areas as possible:
- Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, REST, websockets, mTLS, gRPC, oauth)
- Embedded protocols (CAN, RS-485/UART, Ethernet, WiFi, BLE)
- Native mobile app and web development (iOS, Android)
- Application and systems languages (e.g. C, C++, Rust, golang, Java, C#)
- Embedded or Linux-based IoT environments (e.g. FreeRTOS, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Android)
- Experience in backend development, using tools such as: C#, Java, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Distributed Source Control, using tools such as Git
Benefits and culture
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Extra day for your birthday in addition to annual leave.
- Company and team social events
- Culture focused on enjoying work, whilst changing the world for the better, work hard and play hard.
- Company stock options, making sure everyone is aligned to the success of the business