Senior Impact Manager
Posted on March 10th, 2023 | 69 days left to apply | 126 views
Title: Senior Impact Manager
Location: Bamako, Mali
Report to: Director of R&D
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization hass received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
We operate in a part of the world that is already experiencing the harsh consequences of climate change, and our farmers are among the most vulnerable populations. The Senior program Manager is a new and crucial role to help myAgro deepen its impact on thousands of farmers with its ambition to create sustainable and climate resilient livelihoods for these farmers, preparing them for a better and more food secure future.
- Run a state of the art tree program in Mali to deliver 800.000 fertilizing and other beneficial tree species to farmers.
- Help contributing to climate mitigation, land rejuveneration, farmers resilience against the effects of climate change.
- Provide quality project management and collaborate with the R&D Director to develop an agroforestry strategy to deepen impact on farmers livelihoods.
- Manage a department of experts and program associates, and a field team of 60 agents and 500 village level nursery keepers.
- Help increase the impact per farmer through training, planting assistance and procurement.
- Implement appropriate quality systems to ensure and control quality for the agroforestry program.
- Continue to improve the efficiency of the operational processes related to the agroforestry program.
- Partner and support the efforts of the Development team in Agroforestry resource mobilization and relationship management with donors and partners.
- 7+ years expertise in the execution and management of large-scale programs
- Expertise in team management, coaching and delegation of tasks
- Designed and implemented delivery programs for rural areas
- Held a position at the crossroads between multiple departments
- A good level of EQ and know how to collaborate across departments (logistics, products, sales, HR..)
- Tolerance for unknowns, fast-paced and changing conditions
- A self reflecting mindset
- Experience speaking about your work to internal and external partners.
- French and English proficiency.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.