The Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) in Cairo, Egypt, is looking for a highly motivated experienced Software Development Engineer (SDE) who will be part of a team that develops and releases intelligent services and applications in the domain of Language Understanding. The successful candidate will work in a start-up like environment with a team of outstanding Software Development Engineers that spans multiple geographical locations.
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Highly motivated to make an impact, be eager to learn and grow
- Ability to develop quick prototypes as well as integration of large complex systems and handling large volumes of data.
- Experience incubating innovative ideas and technologies, to grow expertise in breadth and depth, to interact with the top experts in the field, and to have cross-organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required. An advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field would be a plus.
- 8-10 years post graduate software development experience using both native (e.g. C++) and managed (e.g. C#) programming.
- Proficiency with scripting languages.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, specifically Azure.
- Prior experience as a software development lead would be plus. For example, leading feature areas and large projects and mentoring and guiding teams of software engineers.
- Technical competence (algorithms, data structures) and strong analytical and programming skills.
- Passion for technology, creative thinking, ability to work independently or in a team.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, apply them in prototypes, and integrate them in large complex systems.
- Ability to work effectively in an agile, fast-paced applied research environment.
- Good communication skills and cross-organizational interactions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.