BetKing is a digital entertainment and sports technology business that owns and operates its own proprietary platform and product portfolio. This scalable capability enables the Group to take a customised approach to entering new industries and markets.
The Group entered the African market in 2018 and has already grown to be a major player in the Region – driven by a strong focus on sports entertainment experiences delivered by their in-house digital sport-tech platform, combined with a customer centric approach to distribution across retail and online channels, strong localised regulatory relationships and a brand portfolio that customers recognise and trust.
This tailor-made approach, driven by an exceptional leadership team from a range of high growth sectors, has powered the rapid growth of the Group in the Region.
Have you ever thought of joining a hyper growth startup that’s redefining its industry? Look no further! We are one of the fastest growing companies in our sector, using innovative technology and solving the hardest problems to bring African sports fans an unrivalled digital sports entertainment experience, online, offline, 24/7.
As a Senior Test Engineer in our Trading team, you will join us as we completely overhaul our Trading technology and deliver next generation pricing, risk management, profiling, and analysis tools to service the growth and expansion of our Sportsbook across all of our markets.
You will be joining a team focused on delivering a new Trading platform that is highly resilient, extremely low latency and scalable to massive volumes, all underpinned by a high degree of automation. Efficiency and speed will be the watchwords of the team, so testing will need to be at the forefront of everything the team does.
With your extensive experience of the modern test engineering practices, tools and automation frameworks that underpin highly successful distributed systems, your passion will ensure that we deliver high quality software by enshrining a testing culture throughout the team.
Part of this brand new team in our Cape Town office, you will have the opportunity to be there at day one and to play a crucial role in taking the BetKing Sportsbook to the next level!
What you will be doing:
- Design it: ensure that test frameworks and test cases are comprehensive, performant and fit for the needs of today and the future
- Build it and test it: incorporate automated tests into the pipeline for all levels of API and points of ingress and egress
- Run it: check that tests are working as expected and the feedback loops are clear and effective
- Document Everything: make sure we have top class and up to date test case documentation and output reports
- Mentor and coach: support and help onboard and train the less experienced members of the team
- Collaborate: engage with other teams and users across the company to identify ways to improve and build upon the testing capabilities, case and tools
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience of software engineering or test engineering in a commercial environment
- 3+ years’ experience of automated testing on distributed, high-volume transactional systems
- Expert level in producing test scripts working with REST APIs and a high degree of experience working directly with datastore technologies, both RDBMS (ideally SQL Server) and NoSQL (ideally Mongo)
- Extensive experience of producing test frameworks and cases for use with messaging technologies (preferably Kafka) and for cloud-based implementations (preferably Azure)
- Very comfortable working with BDD and frameworks such as Cucumber and Jbehave
- Significant experience of a variety of test technologies and tools is a must, notably Postman, RestAssured and JMeter, but Selenium, SoapUI and Katalon Studio would also be beneficial
- Experience of load testing and also working with containerized systems would be very helpful
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to pick up new skill sets quickly
- A passion for detail and problem solving, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of experience working with remote teams
- Hyper-growth start-up experience is a strong plus
Who you are:
- Customer-focused: everything we do is about our customers and our stakeholders
- Organised: millions of transactions and messages go through these systems, so you need to stay on top of your priorities and focused on what is important
- Analytical: you must be able to create test cases to work across complex distributed systems and to use data to inform and measure what and how we test
- Thrive under pressure: we’re hyper-growth, so there will always be challenges and more to do!
- Relevant: the marketplace, competitors and customers move fast, so you need to help us keep up by staying on top of trends and applying that to how we can get the best out of our systems and our teams
- Team Player: building great teams is how we will succeed and instilling a testing culture is your purpose!