Solutions Engineers at Sandvine are smart passionate people able to solve complex problems, implement the most robust, high quality solutions on the planet and providing post implementation support. If you like working on the latest advances in the internet with engineers who thrive in a collaborative, global organization and if you have the skills and technical chops to challenge how to get stuff done and then do it. Here at Sandvine we let you thrive in your role while rewarding top talent in an environment where we play just as hard as we work.
- Be part of the team responsible for the end-to-end delivery and support of a Sandvine technical solution working on the final system integration and implementation for a customer. Activities that include:
- Understanding and implementing solution designs prepared by a Solutions Architect
- Coding/Development of complex policies/configurations for Sandvine solutions
- Test planning and test execution both in lab and live customer networks
- Executing internal and customer facing acceptance test plans for Sandvine solutions
- Required to ensure completion of project deliverables within designated timeframe, allocated budget, and strict quality control while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction in a rapid and agile environment
- Working closely with customers by listening and understanding the reported problems, and able to clearly explain basic technical information to the customers over the phone and email
- following defined processes, getting engaged within the team environment and learning from the team
- Management of defect entry, tracking, and escalation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to identify when help is required in a timely manner.
- Part of an on-call rotational schedule
- Continuously learn and be the subject matter expert on Sandvine’s products and solutions portfolio
- Interface with Sandvine internal groups (Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Sales ) to continuously improve, innovate and provide timely updates
What skills you bring:
- BTech or MTech (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in the Telecommunication Industry
- Commanding knowledge of Unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD etc.
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and/or operation of network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper or other network hardware manufacturers
- Commanding knowledge of Unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD etc
- Proven experience in virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM), deployment of Openstack and experience with tools like Ansible
- Good understanding of NFV particularly around MANO/ONAMP
- Excellent technical background with a strong understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GRE, SIP, RTP, MGCP, H.323,RTCP)
- Good understanding of billing and charging concepts and experience with Online Charging and Policy Enforcement (OCS, PCRF, PCEF)
- Good experience in Data communication industry with different operator networks for Wireline (Cable, DSL, FTTH) and/or Wireless (Satellite, Wi-Fi, LTE, GPRS-3G, CDMA-3G, WiMAX, GSM, UMTS,4G and 5G)
- Good background of packet level debugging using Wireshark, tcpdump, tcpreplay or similar tools
- Ability to manage challenges and set priorities in a complex environment
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Java, C/C++, python, Perl etc
- Exposure to and understanding of web application concepts like P2P, VoIP, WAP, MMS, RTSP
- Knowledge of industry models and best practices (eg. Scrum, ITIL etc)
- Experience with modern web applications using Ajax and REST API’s will be advantageous
- Experience of data modelling, DB administration, SQL/PostgreSQL, ETL and/or BI in general
- Experience with SQL databases, network traffic monitoring, or firewall technologies – especially in a Telecom, ISP, or Cable Internet environment
Networks are evolving and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you will take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team