Sun Exchange is a multi-award winning solar asset leasing platform enabling people all over the world to #EarnWithPurpose. With Sun Exchange, anyone, anywhere, can buy solar cells that power businesses, schools and other organisations in sunny emerging markets. Solar cell owners earn income from the electricity that’s generated while offsetting their carbon footprint, and the organisations they solar power gain access to affordable, reliable, clean energy. Together, we’re on a mission to connect the world to the sun and create a more sustainable energy future.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Develop and implement a social media strategy and campaigns (both paid and organic) that elevate the brand, engage our community, expand our reach and give the company a voice in relevant conversations.
- Manage, grow and optimise Sun Exchange’s social media presence across channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram with measurable results to support the overall mission and priorities of the business.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, communications and customer support teams to ensure social strategy continuously integrates with broader business objectives.
- Develop social copy that reflects the brand essence across channels, and collaborate with in-house creative to develop visual content and assets.
- Engage with and grow the global Sun Exchange community, brand supporters and relevant industry counterparts across channels with .
- Continuously monitor and respond to relevant conversations, brand mentions and customer queries (working with the appropriate customer support counterparts as needed.)
- Provide data analysis and metric reporting on social media traction.
- Keep a pulse on trends on the social media landscape in all forms including B2B and B2C channels, as well as new channels and opportunities, to continuously and proactively inform and evolve the social media strategy.
THE CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Cape Town-based, dynamic, enthusiastic and creative social media manager to join our growing marketing team full time and strategically lead efforts to elevate our community-oriented brand’s presence across social channels.
Core requirements for success:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a social media manager and strategist.
- Expertise in paid and organic social media on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- A track record of successfully managing a brand’s presence across various social channels.
- Ability to comprehend technical solar energy, financial and technology industry terminology and adapt into meaningful and accessible messages.
- Keen attention to detail and strong grammar skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines when necessary.
Additional skills and experience:
- Experience in relevant industries including solar, cryptocurrency, consumer technology and sustainability a plus.
WHO WE ARE
We are serving something larger than oneself. Awareness of our purpose motivates us to maintain a holistic system of relationships and connections. Our attitudes, choices and behaviours should help and not hinder achieving personal and company goals.
Our core values - attitudes, choices and behaviours that help us grow:
- Ask Why
- Take Ownership
- Lead by Example
- Be Present
- Foster Relationships
- Do Good
- Have Fun
Dare to be great and join the solar revolution.
WHY JOIN OUR MISSION?
At Sun Exchange, our mission is to connect the world to the sun. We have built a small team of passionate and driven specialists who are given the space to focus, develop their strengths and autonomously contribute toward the business goals. You will be working with a highly skilled and motivated team who will continuously empower you as an individual in your craft. To learn more about Sun Exchange, please click here.