Schlumberger has an opening in Egypt for a Software Engineer role in the Digital Subsurface Solutions Data Science team, who will be responsible for guiding the successful delivery of Analytic Solutions to internal customers.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The Schlumberger Full Stack Software Engineer develops the front end and back end of a web application, using third party and in-house frameworks. This includes handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration and visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application.
The Developer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
The position reports to the software project manager.
- Work with subject matter experts to clarify requirements.
- Turn requirements and user stories into functionality.
- Develop server-side services to be elastically scalable and secure by design. Services should be backward and forward compatible to ease deployment.
- Develop web front end to be usable on multiple form factors.
- Ensure the solution is deployable, operable and secure by default.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined by project or through customer input.
- Develop and maintain new or improved software products and techniques, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping with emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side applications
- Builds prototypes, products and systems that meets the project quality standards and requirements.
- Contributes to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with one or more Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with one or more backend programming languages– Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, etc
- Knowledge of one or more open-source framework for front-end development like React, Angular etc.
- Understanding of micro services architecture with experience designing and implement RESTful services
- Knowledge of applicable design patterns for the front end
- Knowledge of containers & container orchestration technologies – Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge /experience/awareness in maintainability and testing.
- Knowledge of security principles (Oauth2, JWT, OpenAPI)
- Experience with test driven software development
- Experienced in application profiling, bottleneck analysis and performance tuning
- Knowledge and experience with version control tools such as Git
- Experience with one or more continuous integration and continuous delivery technologies such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Must be able to legally work in Egypt. Egyptian candidates preferred or current Egyptian residents may apply.
Other skills and abilities
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Strong ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.