Special Projects Associate (Multiple Locations)
Posted on March 16th, 2023 | 75 days left to apply | 59 views
Title: Special Projects Associate (Multiple locations)
Location: Bamako, Mali, Thies, Senegal
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Special Project Associate is an important role at myAgro and reports to the Head of Strategy. The Strategic Projects team works across all of myAgro's departments to support implementation. As a Special Project Associate, you will ensure that we deliver quality inputs and services possible to our farmers, while also helping us to achieve our plans to increase our impact with farmers.
- Work on important programs while ensuring attention to detail and implement quality controls to ensure the successful execution of programs.
- Collaborate with various teams and coordinate across departments to establish and align work plans and calendars.
- Focus on the end-users. You will design trainings, products, and trials starting from the end-users: both farmers and field staff.
- Help with the coordination of the country-based teams, including creating quality training materials, developing work plans, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- You have atleast 2 years of experience in managing programs – preferably including a background in scaling and expanding programs.
- Held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Strong consultant toolkit from analysis to implementation.
- Data fluency.
- Worked in West Africa.
- Fluency in French and English
- Good communication skills.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.