The BetKing business is built on brand trust and on providing the best customer experience we possibly can, and our Customer Services team is the front line of that effort.
As our CS Systems Tech Lead, you will be a key player in ensuring all our CS systems are properly designed, architected, and cohere, in order to give our operational teams the best tooling possible. This includes our core Salesforce platform, telephony, and social media tools, as well as marketplace apps and the various integrations we need – if our CS teams use it, you will be on point to make sure it is done properly!
With a great understanding of evolving consumer trends and our own dynamic operational needs, you will work with our partners, in-house technical teams, and operational stakeholders to gather requirements, design and document solutions, and then test and deploy new features and functionality. Working with the Data team will be a particular priority, as operational efficiency, customer satisfaction and data-driven decision-making are all key tenets for us.
Part of a small new team created to focus specifically on our CS systems, you will be the team’s primary technical SME and will actively drive data-driven improvements for the entire user base. You will also be heavily involved in planning and executing new market launches, where CS is a key pillar of success.
What you'll be doing:
- Design: set the vision and standards for the development and integration of our CS systems.
- Implement: lead the technical part of all CS system implementations, including hands-on development and technical configuration where required.
- Document Everything: make sure we have top class up to date technical and use case documentation.
- Quality Assure: test everything before it gets to the users and then ensure the user base knows what and how to test to confirm it all works.
- Support: proactively engage with the user base to find and track problems and to review the efficacy of the changes.
- Keep Everything Healthy: make sure everything is performing as expected and we are thinking about future needs.
- App Installations and Integrations: identify and be part of selecting 3rd parties to implement functional extensions and capabilities to service our CS and new markets’ roadmaps.
- Collaborate and Improve: constantly engage with the user base and partners to plan, review, feedback and continuously improve our CS systems – standing still is NOT an option!
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience providing hands-on operational support and development of CRM and CS systems.
- 2+ years of full-stack software development, using a ubiquitous technology such as Python, PHP, C++ or similar.
- A great understanding of telephony and the challenges of making telephony work in emerging markets.
- Ability to provide great customer service in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to pick up new skill sets quickly.
- A passion for detail and problem solving, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Hyper-growth start-up experience is a strong plus.
Who you are:
- Customer-focused: everything we do is about the customer.
- Organised: 100s of people depend on these systems to do their jobs well, so it must work.
- Analytical: you should be able to look at data and insight from multiple sources, and to draw informed conclusions.
- Thrive under pressure: we’re hyper-growth, so there will always be challenges and more to do!
- Relevant: customers move faster than we do, so you need to help us keep up by staying on top of trends and applying that to how we can get the best out of our systems and our teams.
- Team Player: building great teams is how we will succeed.