The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 6 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services
- Our platform has processed over $17 billion to date
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
We're looking for a Head of Customer Success to help us build a high performing customer success team as we embark on making the Luno brand synonymous with the best customer experience in the finance industry!.
- Work closely with our senior management team, taking responsibility for the overall customer success strategy and expansion of the Luno customer success team as we continue to grow across multiple markets
- Lead a world-class customer success team. Attract high potential individual contributors into the team and support their personal development to encourage a high performing, customer centric culture, focused on continual improvement through the use of technology
- Give oversight to our Customer Success team (~140 people), including operations supervisors, managers, recruitment, HR, building management.
- Develop and implement the policies and processes for measuring and managing customer success activities across all functional areas
- Oversight of all call centre operations including operations supervisor, managers, recruitment, HR, building management.
- Integrate Customer Success into the rest of the business, helping facilitate product changes based on what our customers are saying
- Lead the innovation strategy towards a world class, intuitive help centre and drive machine learning and AI capabilities within our customer success platform
- Manage a product and engineering team to deliver on this strategy
- Have strong project & product management experience. The successful candidate will feel comfortable defining project priorities. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services. You will need excellent technical project management skills to deliver product roadmap items as well as other cross-team projects. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
- Know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation. The right candidate will want to measure and report everything and be very data driven. He/she will excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance of their team.
In your first six months, you will
- Focus on understanding our customers, the environment we operate in and our current processes.
- Analyse any gaps and further understand possible improvements in our support to customers.
- Draw up a strategy for Support at Luno. This should include a clear vision for our Help Centre, Contextual Help, omni channel support as well as operational effectiveness.
- Define a key output metrics for support as well as the input metrics that drive them.
- Work with various teams at Luno, working closely with the product team to execute the vision for Support at Luno and deliver key projects.
- Illustrate the first “wins” relating to the strategy you have identified and its impact on the key metrics.
‘ The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have’
- Bachelor's Degree (highly preferred)
- A minimum 7 years experience, in a senior people leadership role managing operational teams
- Experience working in a fast-moving and ever-evolving environment with a track record of building 100+ customer success teams
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, present, and execute strategic roadmaps that considers Luno’s overall product. The roadmap should not only consider customer success operations, but rather the support product as a whole.
- Experience in building and successfully managing and mentoring teams aligned around a common vision, with goals and metrics who collaborate, challenge and hold each other accountable to achieve outstanding result (high performing teams)
- Is able to lead change by creating direction and vision. Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to write strong business proposals
- Experience working with and managing multiple offices and across multiple countries and cultures
- Ability to deal with a lot of complexity, across many countries, cross functional teams, automation, compliance, multiple projects and developing a customer success team serving a new industry
- Delivers results through ‘hands on’ leadership and ‘gets it done, right no matter what’ attitude.
- Critical and analytical thinker; will have a strong focus on operational excellence and quality management using data and metrics, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Is a creative thinker with the desire for continuous learning and improvement to solve problems
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day... like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.