Title: Senior Talent Manager
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Report to: Chief Talent Officer
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
We are on a journey to modernize our talent approach through new technology and resources that allow myAgro team members to grow and develop. The Senior Talent Manager will help build the talent agenda, and design and implement professional development experiences across myAgro. You will partner with People Operations and other departments across the business in defining, communicating, implementing, and activating the career, succession and development strategy.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of career development strategies and tools. Propose approaches, ideas and business insight to HR leadership and department heads to increase the effectiveness, reach and visibility of career programs and help myAgro respond to career and talent-related opportunities and demands.
- Manage components of the Career Portfolio by coordinating the work with different teams; collect and summarize information and use insights to inform decisions.
- Foster internal and external relationships that ensure a pipeline of talent into myAgro.
- Coordinate with internal and external training providers to ensure the organizational learning interventions for all employees.
- Consult with department heads to ensure agreement on the passing of probationary periods for all new starters or where applicable, and provide insight into the development needs of teams and individuals and ensure the facilitation of programs to support a culture of growth
- Participate in the talent assessment process including assistance creating development plans, tracking progress on development plans, monitoring succession plans, and the like
- Prepare written reports and dashboards with important Talent indicators.
- 5+ years experience working in similar scope (e.g. people management, learning & development, employee engagement, talent retention, succession planning, career development and management)
- Prior experience with online learning platforms (e.g. Udemy, Coursera) for the workplace is helpful.
- Experience collaborating across the organization with HR colleagues and partners.
- Fluency in English and French
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!